Sunday, April 7, 2013

A couple of interesting links for Italian recipes.



http://www.italian-dessert-recipes.com/

She has a number of wonderful and hard to find recipes for italian desserts.  I made her Almond Cake for a dinner the other day and it was divine.  Not a lot of expensive ingredients...sort of a one bowl method, and it was like a sugar cookie wrapped in Marzipan...Just great.



www.siciliancookingplus.com

Vincent(Vincezo) has a wonderful site with lots of information on Sicilan cooking of all sorts.  He helped me to find and understand the  Saint Joseph's day soup that I had in Salina a few years ago.  I never found just exactly the right soup recipe before, but this helped me tpo coonnect with my family roots a bit more.

 
Serving the soup on Saint Joseph's day in front of San Lorenzo in Malfa, Salina


 
More cups from my collection.  Red Coalport c.1830 and Blue RC Derby c.1930.
I only drink tea because I like the cups!
Except Constant Comment...listen, the purists are crying: YUK all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment